Donghui Yan, Assistant Professor of Data Science, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. Formerly Principal Data Scientist at WalmartLabs.
His research interests lie broadly in statistical methodology and machine learning algorithms as well as applied statistics in various domains. The central goal is to enable reasoning under uncertainty, to understand natural and statistical phenomena, and to meet challenges from modern data (including dimensionality, scalability, structural complexity and varying data quality). Of particular interest are the following topics:
– High dimensional statistical inference
– Statistics and machine learning for big data
– Methodology related to data heterogeneity
– Clustering and classification
– Data contamination and domain adaptation
– Human learning inspired learning algorithms (e.g., co-training, active learning)
– Ensemble methods for statistical learning and inference
– Spatial and computational statistics
– Imaging and computer vision.